OTTAWA -The time is almost here again, with the Civic long weekend approaching quickly.
So what’s open in Ottawa on the Civic Holiday? Below is a list of what’s open and closed.
Attractions and shopping:
Most grocery stores, malls and retail outlets in Ottawa are closed Monday, July 2.
Stores in the Byward Market are open Monday including the Rideau Centre from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Most LCBO and beer stores will be closed Monday. In Quebec, SAQ liquor stores are open Monday, except for outlets located inside shopping malls.
If you need groceries Monday, The Rideau Street Metro and many Shoppers Drug Mart stores are open.
Banks are closed Monday.
Most National Museums are open Monday. Click http://ottawastart.com/museums.php links to Ottawa’s many museums.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Ave. west, will be closed on Mon, July 2 for Canada Day. Business will resume as usual on Tues, July 3.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Cres., will be closed on Mon, July 2. Business will resume as usual on Tues, July 3.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention.
Garbage and recycling:
- Curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection and multi-residential recycling container collection (garbage and recycling) will not be affected by the Canada Day holiday. Collection will remain on a regular schedule for the week of July 2.
- OC Transpo will operate on a Sunday schedule. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, visit octranspo.com.
- The OCTranspo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9p.m. on Mon, July 2.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations Department (613-842-3600) will be closed on Mon, July 2 for Canada Day. Business will resume as usual on Tues, July 3
- Some outdoor pools, indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, and fitness classes with modified schedules. Please check with ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- All beaches, splash pads and some wading pools, will be open weather permitting.
Ottawa Public Health:
- Ottawa Public Health Information Line (OPHIL) and AIDS line – closed
- Sexual Health Centre – The site office at 179 Clarence St. will be closed on Mon, July 2 for Canada Day, however, the site mobile van will be operating from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, July 2.
- Dental Clinics – Closed
- Well Baby Drop-in – Closed
- Dominion Day at Pinhey’s Point Historic Site – Museum, Special Event
- Dominion Day at Billings Estate National Historic Site
- Canada Day at Cumberland Village Heritage Museum
Ottawa Public Library:
- All branches, departments and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed on Mon, July 2 for Canada Day. Business will resume as usual on Tues, July 3.