Christmas is still over three months away, but Toys R Us has already released its annual “hot toy” list of 50 toys it thinks children will be asking for this year for the holidays.
It includes tablets for children, fashion dolls that look like boy-band, One Direction, and even retro toys like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the furry interactive toy robot, Furby.
The holiday season can count for about 40 per cent of a toy seller’s annual profit.
So far, there’s no indication of what will be the “hottest” toy, in the vein of a Tickle Me Elmo that will have parents lining up to try to get one.
Below is a selection of some of the other toys on the list. Click here for the complete list of 50 toys.
- Doc McStuffins Time for Your Check Up doll by Just Play
- Gelarti Designer Studio by Moose Toys
- Hot Wheels R/C Terrain Twister by Mattel
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates Jake’s Musical Pirate Ship Bucky by Mattel’s Fisher-Price
- Lalaloopsy Silly Hair Stars Harmony B. Sharp by MGA Entertainment
- LeapPad2 Explorer by LeapFrog
- Micro Chargers TimeTrack by Moose Toys
- Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle by Lego Systems Inc.
- Skylanders Giants Starter Pack by Activision Publishing Inc.
- Wii U by Nintendo
- Y Volution Fliker F1 Flow Series Scooter by Atomic Sports