TORONTO – The Ontario Power Authority uncovered more documents on the two cancelled gas plants in Oakville and Mississauga, five months after the Liberals insisted all of them had been released.

It’s actually the third batch of documents, and the second time the Liberals have been forced to admit they were wrong when they claimed to have publicly released all the relevant pages ordered by a legislative committee.

New Energy Minister Bob Chiarelli rose in the legislature just before question period to announce more documents had been unearthed about the cancelled gas plants in Oakville and Mississauga.

Premier Kathleen Wynne says she too was notified about the newly-found documents — which could be about 200 pages — and said it’s disappointing she didn’t know about them before.

NDP Leader Andrea Horwath accused the Liberals of deliberately trying to cover up the documents.

The opposition parties joined forces Wednesday to send a contempt of parliament motion over the release of the gas plant documents to the Justice committee.

Last September, the Liberals told the legislature that all the documents had been released with 36,000 pages, only to find another 20,000 documents a month later.

The opposition parties insisted all along that the Liberals were hiding documents on the cancelled energy projects, which cost taxpayers at least $230 million.