Loading articles...

Worker dies after electric shock at restaurant

OTTAWA, Ont. –  A man has died after receiving a severe electric shock while working on the roof of a McDonalds.

Emergency crews were called to the McDonalds at 888 Meadowlands Drive, just before 11 p.m., Sunday. It’s believed the man received an electric shock while working on refrigeration equipment.

Hydro crews had to shut off power to the unit before paramedics could attend to the man.

The worker was removed from the roof with an aerial ladder, then rushed to The Ottawa Hospital in critical condition. The man died, Monday morning.

The Ontario Ministry of Labour has been notified and will be investigating, along with Ottawa Police.



Join the conversation

Please read our commenting policies


How shocking!!

February 25, 2013 at 8:48 pm