OTTAWA — A 17-year-old male is facing several weapons offences, after an incident at Glebe Collegiate.
Police were called to the school on Glebe Avenue Thursday morning, to investigate reports of someone with a weapon.
The K9 Unit was brought in to help with the search, and a male was arrested a short time later.
The search continued for a weapon, and a firearm was recovered.
Police say no one was injured, and there were no threats made.
The youth is facing several charges:
– Use / handle / store firearm, etc., carelessly
– Possess weapon, etc./ dangerous to public peace
– Carry concealed weapon, etc.
– Possess restricted or prohibited firearm without holding a licence and registration certificate
– Possess restricted or prohibited firearm knowingly not holding a licence and registration certificate
– Possess loaded regulated firearm
A show cause hearing was scheduled for October 20.