Are you ready? We are! We’re excited to kick off our second Clutter Cure challenge this Sunday. We hope you follow along as we clean and organize our way through the month of March. Spring is the perfect time to get your home in order, but sometimes it’s hard to know where to start and how to stay motivated — but don’t worry, we’re here to help make the task a lot easier.
Each week, we’ll tackle a room with a couple of easy-to-do tasks and one big assignment. It’s up to you when you tackle each project. For some, it might be easier to do it on the day assigned, but for others, doing it all on the weekend might make more sense. Either way, by the end of the month your home will be clean and inviting and you’ll be ready to take on the new season!
The first assignment starts Tuesday, March 3, but this Sunday is all about planning the month ahead. Here are some tips to help get you started:
1. Before you start any project take some before and after photos so you can see your progress. Feel free to share them with us on Pinterest and Twitter with #cluttercure so we can keep each other motivated!
2. Don’t try to do it all at once! The idea behind the Clutter Cure is to tackle one space at a time. Make sure you complete each task before moving on to the next challenge.
3. Make a list of all the specific areas of your home that drive you crazy. Start at the front door and walk through your home noting any trouble spots; Maybe it’s overflowing shoes at the front door, a burnt-out bulb in the kitchen or a piece of artwork that has never made it onto a wall. Do not attempt to fix these problems. Sunday is just about taking stock. Assessing your home is the first step in getting organized!
4. Next, choose the five projects that will make the biggest difference in your home. Block off some time each Sunday to tackle one of these projects. They can be as simple or as complicated as you want them to be. And if we happen to address one of your trouble spots during the week, bonus for you!
5. Remember to do work at your own pace. Take a break when you need to, or if you’re feeling ambitious, move an extra task onto your list.
Week by week we’re here to help you. In just 31 days, your home will be like new — just in time to get your hands dirty with spring gardening!
Originally Published by: