OTTAWA – Check out local and community events happening this weekend!
- Appearing at National Arts Centre on Monday, December 09, 2013
Enjoy an East Coast Christmas with Canada’s The Barra MacNeils.
- Featuring myriad instruments including bodhran, mandolin, violin and uillean pipes and music gleaned from ceilidhs to midnight masses, 7:30 p.m., Centrepointe Theatre. $55.
Ottawa Police Cyber-Bullying Q & A
- Ottawa police constables will educate families about cyber-bullying at a free, special presentation and Q & A, 7 p.m.
- First Baptist Church Ottawa, 140 Laurier Ave. W.
The Barenaked Ladies
- The Barenaked Ladies are in town to celebrate the holidays with seasonal songs done in their inimitable style and their greatest hits, with two shows starting at 8 p.m. at the National Arts Centre.
- Tickets start at $23.
- (they also play Friday and Saturday)
Carp Santa Claus Parade
- 12 p.m.
The Ottawa Classical Choir presents Christmas in Vienna
- 7:30 pm
- St. Brigid’s Centre for the Arts, 310 St. Patrick Street
- Tickets – $10 Students, $30 General, $40 Reserved
Christmas with the Animals
- Kemptville’s Big Sky Ranch Animal Sanctuary charity is hosting Christmas with the Animals
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., featuring hay rides, pictures with the animals, a bake sale and an early visit from the man from North Pole himself
- Donations welcome.
Urban Craft – Holiday Edition
- The Glebe Community Center, 175 Third Ave.
- Admission: Free!
Urban Craft, Ottawa’s Craft Bash
- Join us this holiday season for Urban Craft, Ottawa’s Craft Bash!
- Featuring over 45 indie & gourmet makers from Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal & Beyond, Urban Craft is the place to discover your next favorite thing! Sample tasty treats from our food makers, and shop with friends while you listen to some happy holiday beats!
- More info: http://www.urbancraftmarket.com
Ottawa’s Best Holiday Craft and Psychic Event
- Come celebrate Yule in the traditions of olde Earth-based spirituality and craft!
- 1:30pm to 6:00pm
- The Bronson Centre (Mac Hall)
- FEATURING; 30+ Pagan, Aboriginal and Spiritual crafters and artisans
- Magic Spells, Lotions & Potions, Fairy Art and Clothes, Trees of Life, Jewelry, Pet Gifts, Gluten-free Bakery and Healing Herbal Teas and Organic coffee
- A PSYCHIC FAIRE with an Astrologist, Celtic Runes fortune-teller, Magic Card and Tarot Cards Readers, Crystal Gemstone Fortune-Teller
1st Annual Findlay Creek Holiday Market
- Fred Barrett Arean, Lions Hall, 3280 Leitrim Rd.
- Come out and support the Findlay Creek Fantastics’ effort to raise $10,000 for the Bust a Move event for Breast Health!
- All proceeds going to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. Local artists, craft makers, bakers, and more. Delicious treats! Raffle. Refreshments. FREE Admission
Ottawa Valley Male Choir Christmas concert
- North Gower United Church, 2332 Church St.
- Tickets $5 with a food donation
39th annual Originals Ottawa Christmas Craft Sale
- Dec 12 – 22
- Immerse yourself in the pleasure of Christmas shopping from 200 specialty boutiques, offering unique gifts found only at Originals. Visit the Ernst & Young Centre from December 12 to 22, where you will find an array of fine gifts to choose from. Jewellery, fashions & accessories, home décor, visual art, natural bath & body care and gourmet treats are all found at Originals Ottawa Christmas Craft Sale. This year shop Originals, gifts worth giving.
The 2nd Annual Christmas Craft Show
- Dec 13 – 14
- Creekside Gardens Ottawa promises to be a magical shopping experience! With over 40 local vendors and artisans, featuring clothes, food, jewellery and decor.
- Creekside Gardens in located at the west end of Ottawa in the town of Richmond at 5901 Ottawa Street, at the corner of Eagleson Road.