OTTAWA – Check out local and community events happening this weekend!
POPPY CAMPAIGN KICK OFF
FURY OF THE FALLEN
- Ottawa’s creepiest haunted house experience located insisde FunHaven (1050 Baxter Rd.)
- Runs nightly 6:00-10:00 p.m. until Halloween night
- Proceeds from the haunt go to CHEO
THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
- Join Carter Brown from The New 105.3 KISSFM for the midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- The Mayfair Theatre at 11:55pm
- Don’t miss our one-of-a-kind sing-along featuring the Absent Friends shadow cast! Nobody does Rocky Horror like the Mayfair! (Please, no rice or confetti; use bubbles!)
- $10 members | $15 non-members
THE ST. MARY CHURCH GIRLS YOUTH GROUP
- The Group will be trick or treating for food bank items on Halloween night in Carleton Place
- Part of the Free the Children’s campaign against hunger, called “We Scare Hunger”
- Goal is to collect 1 000 000 pounds of food!
HALLWOEEN AT RIDEAU HALL
- From 5pm to 8pm, trick-or-treaters can explore the haunted Visitor Centre and discover how to concoct magic potions.
- Rideau Hall staff will distribute goodies to visitors of all ages.
INCIDENT AT THE BUNKER: A ZOMBIE ADVENTURE!
- Diefenbunker, Canada’s Cold War Museum until November 1
- Travel “in time” to go on an interactive adventure with the undead, deep inside the labyrinth that is the Cold War Museum.
ICE AID CHARITY HOCKEY TOURNAMENT (Kanata Sensplex)
- Ice Aid was started by two Ottawa Catholic School Board teachers – Kevin McNamara & Rick Farrah – who wanted teachers to be able to meet colleagues and friends over a day of hockey, and give back to the community at the same time.
- Money raised will benefit Roger’s House, Camp Misquah and the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa.
- Register, donate and ticket Information contact Kevin.McNamara@ocsb.ca
CAT SHOW (Sat&Sun)
- Ottawa Valley Cat Club – Nepean Sportsplex
GREAT PUMPKIN BALL
- St. Brigids Haunted Castle – 310 St. Patrick Street
- 8 p.m. – 2 a.m.
THE BRANCH ARTISAN’S ANNUAL CHRISTMAS SHOW & SALE
- November 1 & 2 at Kemptville College from 9:30a-4pm
- All handcrafted items, shop early to find that perfect gift!
- Free Admission
THE 3RD ANNUAL TASTE OF RUSSIA FESTIVAL
- Authentic, delicious Russian cuisine, live entertainment, beautiful art for sale, a bazaar, souvenirs, fun for the whole family
- 11 am to 4 pm in the Pushkin Cultural Centre, 89 Stonehurst Ave., Ottawa.
- memorialchurch.ca/en/festival2014. Ph. 613-599-9743. email: RussianFestOttawa@gmail.com
TOLEDO LEGION DANCE
- Toledo Legion is hosting a dance featuring Sagebrush
- Doors open at 1pm and dancing is from 2-5pm followed by a hot supper
- Ottawa Convention Centre November 11-16
- Visit 200 of Canada’s best artists, artisans and designers with innovative displays, contemporary designs and the excitement of downtown crowds.