OTTAWA – Check out local and community events happening!
SENS ALUMNI AT OSGOODE RIDEAU MINOR HOCKEY
- Osgoode Rideau Minor Hockey will be hosting the Sens Alumni
- Sunday, Feb.1 from 3:30pm at the Osgoode arena
- Come watch as our coaches take on the Sens Alumni in what is sure to be a great game
- Tickets are $5 at the door
- Great raffle and prizes to be won!
February 1 – Snowarama for Easter Seals Kids. Starting at 8am with a $5 pancake breakfast at the North Grenville Fire Hall, 259 County Road 44, Kemptville. The ride starts around 9:30am. Participants are required to have a trail permit, and must raise a minimum of $25 in pledges. For more information please visit http://www.snowarama.org/locations/kemptville/
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015
- Register to volunteer as a Workplace Champion and help bring a breath of Spring to your colleagues in support of the Lung Association
- Collect and submit your order by February 14 for tulip bunches, or potted tulips and the Association’s Volunteer Drivers will bring the beautiful flowers to your office on March 4
- Contact Melanie Estable-Porter at Melanie@on.lung.ca to register-Because when you can’t breathe, nothing else matters
“I LOVE LUNGS” TEAM AT SUMMER EVENTS
- The Lung Association is inviting you – No matter where you live – to support people with lung disease
- Join their “I Love Lungs” team to run/walk the Ottawa Race, cycle the GranFondo Ottawa or crawl through mud at a Spartan Race.
- Event day volunteers also needed
- For more information contact Melanie Estable-Porter Melanie@on.lung.ca
ALGONQUIN COLLEGE EVENT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM WISH EVENTS
- The Algonquin College Event Management Program has been partnered with The Children’s Wish Foundation Ottawa Chapter for years and together, have helped raise over $500,000 to help grant wishes to children in the Ottawa area who are suffering from life threatening illnesses.
- Below is a list of all of the wonderful events coming up in March, including event theme, location, website and ticket information!
COUNTRY THROUGHOUT TIME I Sunday, March 8 I Greenfields Pub & Eatery
Dust off your cowboy boots and prepare to experience a lifetime of country music in one night! Bring the whole family for some boot stompin’ fun at “Country Throughout Time”, on Sunday, March 8 at Greenfields Pub & Eatery from 5-9p. Start in the 1950′s with square dancing lessons and finish the evening with a performance by singer Heather Janssen. Don’t forget to purchase your cowboy hat to get into the country spirit and enter the silent auction, plus enjoy a deslicious appetizer or entree and Greenfields will donate $1 to the Children’s Wish Foundation. Tickets are $20.00- We hope to see ya’ll there! Full event and ticket information here.
WISHES FROM PARIS I Thursday, March 19 I Centurion Conference and Events Centre
Bonjour mes amis! Are you looking for an evening in Paris without travelling the distance? Come out to a captivating event on Thursday, March 19th from 6-10p at the Centurion Conference and Event Center. “Wishes From Paris” is a Parisian experience complete with a delicious dinner, delectable pastries, live entertainment and so much more! Tickets are $55 and can be purchased from the event web site at www.wishesfromparis.wix.com/wishesfromparis
IT’S A FIESTA NACHO AVERAGE WISH I Friday, March 6 I Baja Grill
Olé! Olé! Put on your sombreros and get ready to viva la fiesta on Friday, March 6th at BAJA Grill in Dows Lake Pavilion. Seniors and Senoritas will experience a Mexican fiesta like no other and be completely indulged in Mexican culture with a delicious authentic meal, captivating salsa dancing, sensational mariachi band, exciting games and activities, impressive silent auction and so much more! It’s not time for a siesta, we are having a fiesta! Join us while the margaritas are still cool and the chili peppers are hot because this fundraiser is “nacho” average wish event! Tickets are $40. To purchase tickets and for more information visit our website itsafiesta2015.weebly.com or contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @itsafiesta2015.
Tulip Day – Wed. March 4th, 2015
Register by Feb. 1st to volunteer as a Workplace Champion and help bring a breath of spring to your colleagues in support of the Lung Association. Collect and submit your order by Feb. 14th for tulip bunches, or potted tulips and the Association’s Volunteer Drivers will bring the beautiful flowers to your office on Wed. March 4th. Contact Melanie Estable-Porter at Melanie@on.lung.ca to register your office today. Because when you can’t breathe, nothing else matters.