OTTAWA – Check out local and community events happening!
MARK BREAK FUNDRAISER FOR PARROT PARTNER
- March Break Fundraiser for Parrot Partner being held at Lynwood Animal Hospital, 30 Stafford Rd., Nepean from 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
- This event is for kids and parents of all ages, an opportunity to get up close and personal Brody, Max and Crackers the camera loving parrots for a $5 donation.
- There will be a bake sale, silent auction and feather art pieces for sale. Cash only event please.
- Saturday, March 21 at 8pm
- Knights of Columbus Hall (78 Main St. Aylmer)
- All proceeds to to Meal son Wheels and The Aylmer Food Bank
- $15.00 + Non-Parishable Food Item
- 613-852-6710 for tickets and more information
“I LOVE LUNGS” TEAM AT SUMMER EVENTS
- The Lung Association is inviting you – No matter where you live – to support people with lung disease
- Join their “I Love Lungs” team to run/walk the Ottawa Race, cycle the GranFondo Ottawa or crawl through mud at a Spartan Race.
- Event day volunteers also needed
- For more information contact Melanie Estable-Porter Melanie@on.lung.ca
ALGONQUIN COLLEGE EVENT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM WISH EVENTS
- The Algonquin College Event Management Program has been partnered with The Children’s Wish Foundation Ottawa Chapter for years and together, have helped raise over $500,000 to help grant wishes to children in the Ottawa area who are suffering from life threatening illnesses.
- Below is a list of all of the wonderful events coming up in March, including event theme, location, website and ticket information!
WISHES FROM PARIS I Thursday, March 19 I Centurion Conference and Events Centre
Bonjour mes amis! Are you looking for an evening in Paris without travelling the distance? Come out to a captivating event on Thursday, March 19th from 6-10p at the Centurion Conference and Event Center. “Wishes From Paris” is a Parisian experience complete with a delicious dinner, delectable pastries, live entertainment and so much more! Tickets are $55 and can be purchased from the event web site at www.wishesfromparis.wix.com/wishesfromparis
THE FOURTH ANNUAL OTTAWA GRASSROOTS FESTIVAL
- April 23 to 26 on three floors the Royal Canadian Legion, Montgomery Branch, 330 Kent Street in downtown Ottawa
- The Ottawa Grassroots Festival is a family-friendly gathering of folk music, dance and spoken word. Grassroots is a unique experience, accessible and indoors with FREE daytime activities designed to appeal to all ages, featuring workshops, sing-along, special kids’ activities, an instrument petting zoo, jam sessions, a Festival Choir, folk dancing, instrument building and much more. Evening performances will be ticketed
- Follow the latest line-up and performer news on the OGF website, Facebook and Twitter.” It’s called Grassroots because it is! This not-for-profit organization is run entirely by volunteerS
- For more information please visit http://ottawagrassrootsfestival.com and follow us on Facebook http://ottawagrassrootsfestival.com
- Dymon Storage is proud to be continuing its partnership with Soles4Souls Canada!
- Soles4Souls is a Nashville based charity that procures new and gently used shoes are collected through concentrated shoe drives and from ongoing drop off locations. Soles4Souls is a global not-for-profit institution founded in 2006 in response to two major disasters, the tsunami in Southeast Asia and Hurricane Katrina. In the past 7 years, Soles4Souls has collected over 25 million shoes that have been distributed in over 100 countries around the world including Kenya, Nepal and the United States.
- Now is the perfect time to clear out the unwanted shoes that are being stored at the back of your closet, but are still in great condition. All types of shoes are accepted by Soles4Souls Canada; from sandals to running shoes, clogs to work boots. When donating shoes, please tie or bind your shoes together for donation.
- You can donate your shoes at any of our 7 Dymon Storage locations in Ottawa.
- For more information on Soles4Souls, visit www.soles4soulscanada.com
JAYS VS. CANCER
- Jays vs. Cancer is not-for-profit organization formed in early 2014 by musicians Jason Coyle and Jason Connolly with 1 goal in mind – to help find a cure for cancer.
- Join the fundraising event on May 21 at La Scene Des Gallarie D’Aylmer- Doors open at 5:30, 30$ tickets, 4 bands!
- Click here for more information.