OTTAWA – Check out local and community events happening this weekend!
METCALFE FAIR (Thurs-Sun)
- 2821 8th Line Road, Metcalfe
CREEMORE SPRINGS OKTOBERFEST OTTAWA (Fri-Sun)
- Clarke Fields Park, 93 Houlahan Street, Barrhaven
SEARS GREAT CANADIAN RUN – RELAY TO END KIDS CANCER
BARK FOR LIFE – CELEBRATE VICTORY AGAINST CANCER
- Registration at 9 a.m.; Event from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Dr
GEEK MARKET (Sat&Sun)
- Carleton University Fieldhouse
- 10- 6 p.m. Saturday
- 10 – 5 p.m. Sunday
MADAWASKA VALLEY STUDIO TOUR TWICE AS GOOD IN 2014: TWO WEEKENDS THIS YEAR.
- Two separate weekends with thirty-one artists and artisans make this year’s expanded Madawaska Valley Studio Tour the biggest and best ever.
- Come out and enjoy art, crafts, inspiration and spectacular scenery on October 4-5.
- Brochures are at Tourist Information Centres and business locations throughout the Valley. www.madawaskastudiotour.com
CIBC RUN FOR THE CURE
- Tunney’s Pasture
- Registration: 7 a.m.
- Opening Ceremonies: 8:50 a.m.
LEGENDS OF COUNTRY MUSIC – MEMORIES OF THE GRAND OLE OPRY
- Centrepointe Theatre — 2 p.m.
LIGHT THE NIGHT WALK
- October 18, 2014
- Marion Dewar Plaza, Ottawa City Hall
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada’s® Light The Night® Walk is the nation’s night to pay tribute and bring hope to all those affected by blood cancer
- Join us as we celebrate our 5 year walk anniversary and take steps towards a world without blood cancer.
- Start 530pm – Walk 7pm – End 9pm.
- For more information or to register, Visit out website at www.lightthenight.ca/on